Video: Tall ship Minerva sets sail from Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A star of Great Yarmouth's Maritime Festival set sail from the town this morning on a VIP voyage.
A group of specially invited guests, including the festival's sponsors and Great Yarmouth Mayor Marlene Fairhead, were welcomed on board the tall ship Minerva for an early morning trip out to sea.
Her huge sails were hoisted by the crew before she floated out into open water.
The Minerva, built in 1935 in Germany as a steel sailing cargo vessel, is one of the main attractions at this year's Maritime Festival which kicks off tomorrow.
Preparations for the nautical extravaganza have been ongoing throughout the week, with South Quay closed off to cars to allow tents and marquees to go up.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the festival and what's on, visit www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/maritime-festival/
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich