VIDEO: Starlight Express is among the new shows coming to Norwich Theatre Royal
Andrew Lloyd Webber's hit musical Starlight Express is among the shows coming to Norwich Theatre Royal.
The new production of the rollerskating spectacle will be in Norwich from April 9 to 20 next year.
The city is also welcoming back former Wet Wet Wet star Marti Pellow in Blood Brothers this November, while in February into March 9 to 5 - featuring the music and lyrics of Dolly Parton - is at the theatre.
Drama fans can enjoy all-male Shakespeare company Propeller's world premiere of The Taming Of The Shrew as well as Twelfth Night in January into February.
The spinechiller The Woman In Black is in Norwich in February, and Ealing comedy The Ladykillers in March. The Theatre Royal is hosting the first ever UK tour of Agatha Christie's record-breaking thriller The Mousetrap in April.
You may also want to watch:
Strictly Come Dancing's Vincent Simone and Flavia Cacace are starring in Midnight Tango in March, while the novel The Great Gatsby is the inspiration for Northern Ballet's show at the theatre in April into May. Richard Alston Dance Company and English Touring Opera are at the theatre in March.
Family entertainment includes an adaptation of Children's Laureate Julia Donaldson's book Room On The Broom in October and Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach next March.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
An Evening With Sir Roger Moore is among the one-night shows, which also include Jack Dee, David Essex and the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain.
John Bultitude, from Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'We are delighted to bring an iconic musical to the city, with Starlight Express's blend of stunning sets and high-energy entertainment sure to be a treat. Add in two fantastic productions from Propeller, the welcome return of Midnight Tango, a varied programme from English Touring Opera and a host of family entertainment, and people are in for a treat with the new season.'
• For more information visit www,theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
• Are you involved in a new arts project? Email reporter Emma Knights at email@example.com