Video: Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran shortlisted for Ivor Novello Award
Suffolk's singer-songwriter sensation Ed Sheeran is in line to scoop yet another top honour.
The 21-year-old from Framlingham has been nominated in the Best Song Musically and Lyrically category for this year's Ivor Novello Awards.
However his track The A Team faces stiff opposition from chart topper Adele and the popular Florence + The Machine.
Ed, who went to Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, and will perform at a sell-out gig in Thetford Forest this summer, is no stranger to success. Earlier this year he won two Brit awards and his number one album + has spawned a number of hits.
Posting a message on social networking website Twitter he said he was 'absolutely ecstatic' to learn of his most recent nomination.
The Ivor Novello Awards - now in their 57th year - are highly prized because they are voted for by songwriters and composers.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, central London, on Thursday, May 17, where a number of honorary awards will also be handed out.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
Singer-songwriter Adele leads the field for this year's Ivor Novello Awards.
Her track Rolling In The Deep is nominated for Best Song Musically and Lyrically, while her album 21 is in the running for Best Album.
She has also dominated the category for the most performed track of 2011 with two out of three songs - Rolling In The Deep and Someone Like You - on the shortlist.