Video: See One Direction reply to Dad’s plea as grieving daughter’s dream comes true
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A dad's viral campaign to get One Direction bring a smile to his grieving daughter's face has been a huge success, and the group has now reached out to the little girl.
After Rick Yallop, 42, of Mile Cross, lost his wife Bella in September, he launched a Facebook campaign to try and reach their daughter Emily's favourite band, One Direction.
His plea was shared thousands of times on social media and featured in the Evening News.
And last night, five-year-old Emily's favourite member of the band Zayn Malik sent the family a video inviting her to come and meet the group.
Mr Yallop said: 'I can't put it into words. I'm so excited for Emily, she so deserves it.'
You may also want to watch:
• See the full story in tomorrow's Evening News.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 10 Pub for sale after landlord dies of Covid