Video: Sea Life Sanctuary in Hunstanton is all set for visitors this week
- Credit: IAN BURT
There was a sense of excitement looming in the air at one coastal attraction today.
With one more day to go, the Sea-Life Centre Sanctuary in Hunstanton will be re-opening its doors to the public, after 10 months of rebuilding it from scratch after a tidal surge flooded through it last December.
But now staff are walking with a spring in their step as they tend to last minute preparations, whilst new glistening tanks filled with creatures await to be looked through.
General manager, Nigel Croasdale spoke of his excitement: 'I am counting down the hours (until we open). I think the public's reaction will be of a great excitement when they walk through the attraction. The phone and emails have been going mad with people ringing to see about it opening.
'We have spent £3m on it and I think it will show in the quality of the exhibitions. The people of Hunstanton may have lost their Sea Life Centre but not forever - it will be a much improved Sea Life Centre.'
You may also want to watch:
Retail and admissions manager, Angela Rudd, said that she thinks that visitors will find the seal underwater area the most 'intriguing.'
She said: 'It's wonderful to be able to see them swim now, it's very exciting. We just can't wait to see the visitors come now.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
The newly transformed Sea Life Sanctuary will be reopening on Thursday October 16 at 10am.