Video: Olly Murs, Pixie Lott and Dizzee Rascal set to star on Saturday of Norfolk’s Sundown Festival
Headlining the Saturday main stage at this year's Sundown Festival will be popular rapper Dizzee Rascal.
Best known for his number-one hits Dance Wiv Me, Bonkers, Holiday, Dirtee Disco and Shout, he shot to fame after his debut solo album, Boy in da Corner, won him the 2003 Mercury Music Prize.
His follow-up albums have all reached gold status, after selling 100,000 copies, and his last, Tongue n' Cheek, went platinum after selling over 300,000.
He will be joined by Olly Murs, who found fame through the X-Factor, and Pixie Lott on the Saturday main-stage.
Murs, 27, finished as runner-up in the 2009 X-Factor but has gone on to have three number one singles and a number one album, far surpassing the winner of the 2009 X-Factor, Joe McElderry.
You may also want to watch:
Pixie Lott has enjoyed an equally rapid rise to success, despite being just 22 years old, after her debut single Mama Do, went straight to number one in June 2009.
They are joined by the likes of Romanian dance success Alexandra Stan and female pop trio Stooshe on the Saturday main stage, before Dizzee Rascal brings the curtain down on the first day.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
The line-up represents more of an emphasis on pop music, after last year's festival focused more on urban acts, such as Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder and N-Dubz.
More acts are due to be added to the line-up this summer.
- For more details or to book tickets for the event, go to www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1112 or 0871 224 1113.
- What do you think of the line-up? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @davefreezer