Video of 1970s F1 cars at Snetterton as part of Ron Howard film ‘Rush’
Crowds flocked to Snetterton race circuit today (Tuesday) as leading film director Ron Howard began shooting scenes for his new movie.
Based on Formula One legend James Hunt, people had the chance to see classic racing cars from the 1970s as Howard urged people to come and watch the day.
The film, called Rush, focuses on the epic rivalry of Hunt, played by Chris Hemsworth, and Niki Lauda, played by Daniel Br�hl, in the 1976 F1 season, which was ultimately won by Hunt at the finale in Fuji.
Today's scenes, which will continue tomorrow, saw historic F1 cars take to the track, recreating scenes from the 1976 season.
Many found out about the filming from Howard's Twitter account on which he wrote: 'Historic F1 cars will be running Tuesday at Snetterton. Come watch the filming/racing and get in the spirit, dress 70s.'
You may also want to watch:
David Aitchison, 57, from Hopton, said he had come to view the cars on show and added: 'I wanted to have a good nose. I'd like to get a close look at the cars but I don't think we'll be able to. 'I think it's excellent they're filming, it's not something you often get in Norfolk and it's nice to see. It's just amazing how much money and equipment is being used - there's one camera down there with 10 people around it.'
A �3.5m revamp of Snetterton's circuit was completed last year, making it the second longest track in the country.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft