Video of 1970s F1 cars at Snetterton as part of Ron Howard film ‘Rush’
Crowds flocked to Snetterton race circuit today (Tuesday) as leading film director Ron Howard began shooting scenes for his new movie.
Based on Formula One legend James Hunt, people had the chance to see classic racing cars from the 1970s as Howard urged people to come and watch the day.
The film, called Rush, focuses on the epic rivalry of Hunt, played by Chris Hemsworth, and Niki Lauda, played by Daniel Br�hl, in the 1976 F1 season, which was ultimately won by Hunt at the finale in Fuji.
Today's scenes, which will continue tomorrow, saw historic F1 cars take to the track, recreating scenes from the 1976 season.
Many found out about the filming from Howard's Twitter account on which he wrote: 'Historic F1 cars will be running Tuesday at Snetterton. Come watch the filming/racing and get in the spirit, dress 70s.'
David Aitchison, 57, from Hopton, said he had come to view the cars on show and added: 'I wanted to have a good nose. I'd like to get a close look at the cars but I don't think we'll be able to. 'I think it's excellent they're filming, it's not something you often get in Norfolk and it's nice to see. It's just amazing how much money and equipment is being used - there's one camera down there with 10 people around it.'
A �3.5m revamp of Snetterton's circuit was completed last year, making it the second longest track in the country.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue