Video: Norwich Theatre Royal uses local faces to promote forthcoming production of Oliver!
The people of Norfolk would do anything to share the spotlight with the forthcoming production of Oliver! at Norwich Theatre Royal – as this online tribute to the great musical demonstrates.
Given the opportunity to consider themselves singing stars, an impressive line-up of local faces jumped at the chance to appear in an online production of Food, Glorious Food from Oliver!
Featured in the video are appearances from the Theatre's own catering team, top chef Richard Hughes and his Assembly House colleagues, staff from The Waffle House, Kings Coffee Shop, Gnaw and Golden Chips.
Stephen Bumfrey from BBC Radio Norfolk, Tom Kay's team at Norwich 99.9 FM and the Theatre's own chief executive Peter Wilson also joined in with lines from the famous song.
The video comes ahead of the much-anticipated arrival of Cameron Mackintosh's spectacular production of Oliver!, starring Brian Conley as Fagin, which opens in Norwich on July 3.
You may also want to watch:
'Forget the X Factor…the stars of this video have definitely proved the people of Norwich have the food factor,' said John Bultitude, spokesman for Norwich Theatre Royal.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks