Video: Norfolk’s Caroline Flack is crowned Strictly champion
- Credit: BBC/Guy Levy
Norfolk's own Caroline Flack won the Strictly Come Dancing crown after a perfect performance under pressure.
Caroline was the first ever Strictly contestant to score 120 out of 120 in the three dances on finals night, and seized victory thanks to the public vote.
She and her partner Pasha Kovalev scored a perfect 40 in the final dance, after Mark Wright and Karen Hauer were eliminated.
After winning, she said: 'It's the best feeling in the world and has been the best experience of my life.'
Hard-to-please judge Craig Revell-Horwood said Caroline's Charleston had 'melted his heart', while the other judges gushed about her remarkable efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, pop star Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton scored 39 out of 40, with just Craig giving the pair a nine.
Pop star Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff also scored maximum marks for their final dance as the last three couples matched each other step for step.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Thousands of Norfolk viewers were among those rooting for Thetford-born Caroline, who was the pre-show bookies' favourite.
Mum Christine Flack, who lives in East Harling and works for Archant Norfolk, was in London to watch the final.
Mrs Flack thanked Norfolk for getting behind Caroline's dancing exploits. She said: 'People in the village have been saying to me they didn't realise she was my daughter.
'Although she's done things like [Saturday morning children's show] TMi before, the thing with Strictly is that everyone watches it. It's just so popular.'