Video: Lemur joins Norwich Aviva staff for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich insurance company took on a challenge from an industry competitor while raising cash for charity.
Staff from Aviva accepted the global ice bucket challenge this week after being nominated by rival trader, More Than.
The venture involves people pouring cold water over themselves and posting videos on the internet to raise money and awareness of the neurodegenerative disease, motor neurone disease.
Celebrities such as Justin Timberlake and David Beckham have taken part as well as Norwich North MP Chloe Smith and ex-Norwich City footballer Jeremy Goss.
The insurance staff were joined by the Aviva Lemur Norwich City mascot for the soaking staged at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
And while most people fill plastic tubs with ice and water, Aviva brought in some silverware for the event, using the Aviva Premiership Rugby trophy.
Heather Smith, Aviva's marketing director who headed the team, said: 'We're never ones to shy away from a challenge, especially when it comes from one of our competitors.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 8 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car
'This is a great way to raise awareness, and money, for a great cause and is certainly worth a drenching.'
The company will be donating £10,000 to the MND Association as well as £1,000 to Water Aid in aid of World Water Week.
Worldwide, the fundraising exercise has been hugely successful for the charity with more than £2.7m donated from August 22-29.
It is customary that each nominee passes on the challenge and Aviva has stuck to the trend by nominating three fellow insurers: Liverpool Victoria, Churchill and Quotemehappy.com