Video: King’s Lynn College of West Anglia student gearing up for office chair world record bid
A College of West Anglia student is gearing up to spend four days travelling around the Norfolk coast on an office chair to raise money for charity.
Teenager Michael Boardman will kick start his 112-mile attempt to raise money for the Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House on Monday, August 1.
The 19-year-old's route will see him leave the college in King's Lynn and travel up to Hunstanton, across to Cromer before heading back to Lynn via Fakenham.
He is aiming to travel around 30 miles a day, with a support vehicle following closely behind him, and he has said he will mainly use back roads to avoid causing traffic chaos on Norfolk's main routes.
He said: 'I came up with the idea after I heard that the average office chair travels seven miles in a year and I thought I could easily beat that in a day.
You may also want to watch:
'I then started doing a bit of research and discovered there was no world record for it so I contacted the Guinness Book of World Records, who confirmed this, and I decided to go for it.'
As part of his fundraising effort he is also organising a charity auction night after he returns to King's Lynn on the fourth day.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Patient has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
He said there will be lots for people to bid for including the office chair that crosses the finish line and he hopes to raise a total of �5,000 for Tapping House.
To sponsor Michael click the link on the right-hand side of this page