Video: John Ruddy scuffles on Norwich’s Tombland on night out
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City has today launched an investigation after video footage emerged showing out-of-favour keeper John Ruddy in a late night fracas in the city centre.
The footage appears to show the 29-year-old in heated discussions with another man during the early hours of Sunday morning.
At one point in the short video Ruddy appears to be held back as he moves towards the other man.
No physical contact is seen between the pair in the video.
The club today declined to comment, other than to confirm an internal investigation is underway.
Meanwhile, Norfolk Police said they have not had any reports of any assaults in Tombland over the weekend.
In recent weeks the goalkeeper has lost his first team spot at Norwich, with Declan Rudd putting in commendable performances in matches against Everton and Watford.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The incident at Tombland is thought to have occurred just a few hours after Saturday's 1-1 draw at Carrow Road, in which Ruddy was again sidelined.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'We have not received any reports involving an assault in Tombland over the weekend.
'If anyone has any information regarding the incident, please contact Norfolk Police via 101.'