VIDEO; Horse dies in stable blaze at Lakenham
Forty firefighters are tackling a blaze which broke out in a stable block near Norwich, killing a horse.
Fire crews from Earlham, Sprowston, Hethersett, Wymondham, Norwich, Loddon and Wroxham are fighting the fire at a barn and stables in fields off Stoke Road, Lakenham.
Crews were called at just after 2pm today and are currently damping down the fire which involved large straw bales and saw 30metres by 40metres of stable block alight at its height.
The RSPCA and police are also in attendance and a spokesman said officers closed roads near to the fire, close to where the Arminghall car boot is held, to allow fire crews to tackle the fire.
The cause of the blaze is not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
For full story see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument