Video: Car catches fire at North Walsham fitness centre
- Credit: Archant
A swimmer had to cut short his time in the pool when his car caught fire at a leisure centre.
Fire fighters were called to the scene when the silver Ford Focus burst into flames while parked at the Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham.
Retired Anglia TV engineer Tim Dye saw the drama unfold just before midday on Tuesday.
Mr Dye, 64, who filmed the episode on his phone camera, said: 'I had arrived at the swimming pool and just as the car burst into fire and there were some big flames coming out of the bonnet.
'People who were parked nearby were concerned the fire could spread or the car explode.
You may also want to watch:
'The owner was in the pool at the time when the message went out and came into reception dripping wet and just said that car is mine.'
He added: 'I spoke to the chap afterwards and he seemed to think that was the end of the car.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?