Video: Bus catches fire at Horstead, north of Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A bus has caught fire on the B1150 at Horstead, north of Norwich.
The emergency services were called at 4.34pm to the road opposite Horstead Motor Company, with the first of two fire engines arriving about 10 minutes later.
The bus was travelling towards North Walsham and it is believed all the passengers got off unharmed.
Off-duty firefighter Gavin McKee was one of the first people on the scene. 'As we approached, the cars in front of us were turning around and we assumed there was an accident,' he said. 'I continued on to have a look and there were flames coming out of the rear of the bus where the engine compartment is.
'Passengers and the driver were off and standing to one side.'
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used hose reel jets to fight the fire on the double decker bus, and an engineer arrived at the scene to isolate the bus's battery.
The fire was causing delays to motorists in both directions.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?