Video and photo gallery: North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb braves Ice Bucket Challenge
- Credit: Dave 'Hubba' Roberts
Braving the windy weather and wearing shorts and a t-shirt North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb has taken up the Ice Bucket Challenge.
The challenge involves pledging an amount of money to charity and having a bucket of ice cold water tipped over your head, with video of the challenge posted to social media sites. You also nominate others to do the same,
The challenge was started to help raise money and awareness about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) ALS or Motor Neurone Disease.
Mr Lamb was nominated to do the challenge by Cromer town councillor Andreas Yiasimi and staff from the White Horse Inn at Overstrand.
Mr Lamb decided to take up the mantle on Cromer beach beside the pier on Friday and in turn nominated his office manager Andrew Wells, MP for Norwich south, Simon Wright and EDP community editor for north Norfolk, Richard Batson.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The Motor Neurone Disease Association have done brilliantly with this campaign. It has done amazing job in raising awareness of this cruel illness. I would like to work with the association as much as possible as care minister to raise the profile of this condition.'
After taking a dousing he also decided to take a dip in the sea before Cromer town councillor John Frosdick also did the challenge.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants