Video and photo gallery: Henham Steam Rally is a chuffing success
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Thousands of people have started to flock to the Henham Steam rally, which runs today and tomorrow.
Crowds have gathered at Henham Park, near Southwold, to admire steam powered engines, classic vehicles, a stagecoach and heavy horses display, the Ken Fox Wall of Death, and two special tributes to the history of power on the farm and land rovers 1948-2013,
Mick Powell-Evans, chairman of the rally event, said: 'It is going well. We have had good high numbers here already. We expect more tomorrow.'
The weekend steam rally is the 39th and it is organised by the Southwold Lions Club, the Parochial Church Councils of Wangford cum Henham, Uggeshall and Sotherton and the Wangford and District Community Council and a team of rally enthusiasts.
All profits from the rally will go to support local charities and the Halesworth Campus Project.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £10. Parking is free as are children under 14.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea