Video and photo gallery: Breakdancers show Norwich pupils there is no limit to what they can do
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A break-dancing group determined to prove that having a disability doesn't limit what you can do passed on its message to youngsters in Norwich yesterday.
Ill Abilities, a five-piece international dance group, visited The Clare School to hold workshops and show off their skills.
Students watched the talented group perform before getting involved and having a go themselves.
Luca Patuelli, a member of the group, said: 'The response from the kids was incredible. We were able to get everyone to participate in the workshop.
'We focused on their strengths and having the kids really create movement.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Patuelli added: 'One of the teachers commented that she was impressed we were able to get one of the kids up who doesn't normally do more of the physical stuff.
'He stayed throughout the whole activity and left with a smile on his face - it was cool to know that we were able each out to him.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
The workshop comes as Ill Ability prepare to take part in the Norfolk and Norwich Festival event Breakin' Convention at King's Lynn Corn Exchange tonight.
The Olivier Award-nominated group formed in 2007 and quickly realised their potential to inspire audiences.
They spread the message 'no excuses, no limits' and Olivier attempt to redefine society's view of disability through workshops and shows.
For more information visit www.illabilities.com
• Breakin' Convention is at King's Lynn Corn Exchange on Tuesday, May 13 at 7.30pm.
Advance tickets £13 (under 18s £10). Tickets on the door £15 (under 18s £12). For more information and to book visit www.nnfestival.org.uk or call 01603 766400.
• For more about Breakin' Convention visit www.breakinconvention.com