Video: Alan Sugar gives his seal of approval to Blofield spa and two Norfolk personal trainers
- Credit: Archant
He is one of the most feared businessmen in the country, but Lord Alan Sugar has given his seal of approval to a Norfolk spa and also called on two Norfolk personal trainers so far in The Apprentice television show.
The show sees two teams of hopefuls battle it in a different business task each week, with the ultimate winner securing £250,000 investment from Lord Sugar.
In one take, viewers watched the apprentices make and sell luxury home scents, with Team Tenacity coming out on top with the highest profit.
The team members were rewarded by Lord Sugar for their efforts with a trip to the Imagine Spa at Blofield Heath, where they were seen sipping champagne in the jacuzzi.
Paula Middleton, manager of the Blofield Heath spa, said the spa was brought to the attention of The Apprentice after featuring at the national spa awards in February.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It was filmed in the summer and we were all sworn to secrecy.
'I thought they must have been filming in this area but they literally drove them from London to come here. They turned up in their black vans like you see on the show.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
'We have had quite a lot of people ringing up and saying they recognised the spa on the show.
'The feedback has been really good.
'We were slightly nervous about seeing the programme, but really excited.
'They spent a whole day filming and you see 20 seconds of it but I think they captured what we do.'
The show has also featured Norwich personal trainer John Chapman, who started a YouTube fitness channel at the end of 2012 with fellow trainer and best friend Leon Bustin, who is also from Norwich.
The duo, who call themselves The Lean Machines, post exercise, diet and lifestyle videos and were brought in create a collaboration video with one of the teams as they aimed to create a YouTube channel.