Norfolk inn named ‘wonderful place to stay’ in national awards
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A Norfolk hotel has won an accolade in the 2018 UK Heritage Awards.
The Victoria Inn at Holkham won the 'Wonderful Places To Stay' category at the awards which celebrates 'the high quality experiences enjoyed by visitors to a wide range of heritage attractions.'
On the Holkham Esatae, Victoria Inn is situated just minutes away from Holkham Beach and Holkham Hall. It has 20 bedrooms and a restaurant which features local, fresh and seasonal food.
After receiving the award the hotel tweeted: 'We are delighted to announce we have been awarded a 'Wonderful Places to Stay' UK Heritage Award.'
Another Norfolk hall was commended in the best event or exhibition category.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton Hall in west Norfolk was praised for the Richard Long exhibition 'Earth Sky' which featured seven works inspired by the hall. It was Mr Long's largest exhibition since his Heaven and Earth work at the Tate in 2009.
Established in 2011, the UK Heritage Awards is an independent national awards scheme which is judged by a panel of experts.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy