Norfolk inn named ‘wonderful place to stay’ in national awards
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A Norfolk hotel has won an accolade in the 2018 UK Heritage Awards.
The Victoria Inn at Holkham won the 'Wonderful Places To Stay' category at the awards which celebrates 'the high quality experiences enjoyed by visitors to a wide range of heritage attractions.'
On the Holkham Esatae, Victoria Inn is situated just minutes away from Holkham Beach and Holkham Hall. It has 20 bedrooms and a restaurant which features local, fresh and seasonal food.
After receiving the award the hotel tweeted: 'We are delighted to announce we have been awarded a 'Wonderful Places to Stay' UK Heritage Award.'
Another Norfolk hall was commended in the best event or exhibition category.
Houghton Hall in west Norfolk was praised for the Richard Long exhibition 'Earth Sky' which featured seven works inspired by the hall. It was Mr Long's largest exhibition since his Heaven and Earth work at the Tate in 2009.
Established in 2011, the UK Heritage Awards is an independent national awards scheme which is judged by a panel of experts.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park