Victim of fatal Lowestoft lorry crash named as 18-year-old Rachel Stoter
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
An 18-year-old woman who died following a collision near Lowestoft has been named as Rachel Stoter.
The woman, who was on foot, was in collision with an HGV on the north bound carriageway on the A47, near Jay Lane, at around 2.50pm yesterday.
Emergency services attended and the woman, from Lowestoft, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with serious injuries, however she died just before 10pm last night.
The northbound carriageway on the A47 re-opened at around 7.25pm last night, after police carried out an initial investigation at the scene.
Messages of support and condolence for her family and friends have been left on the Lowestoft Journal Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
One said: 'RIP sweetheart my thoughts are with your family and friends at this very sad time.'
Police would like to thank those who have already called in and continue to ask anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 261 of Monday, May 22.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named