Victim in fatal A11 crash believed to be from Norfolk, police say
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man who died in a road collision on the A11 at Barton Mills yesterday is believed to be from Norfolk, police have said.
Suffolk Police is continuing to investigate and appeal for information following the two vehicle collision at around 1.45am on Monday.
A silver BMW and a silver Toyota Corolla were involved, with the BMW catching alight. The fire damaged the road, causing closures for 13 hours.
A11 reopens after fatal crash caused 13 hour closureA police spokesman said the driver of the BMW, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was believed to be in his early 20s and from Norfolk.
The driver of the Toyota Corolla, a man in his 60s, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a broken sternum.
You may also want to watch:
A stretch of the A11 road, north of Fiveways at Barton Mills was closed and diversions were put in place while officers started a collision investigation, recovery of the vehicles took place and the Highways Agency carried out repairs and resurfacing to the carriageway.
The road re-opened at just before 5pm.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
If you were driving along this stretch of road around the stated time and saw the vehicles either prior to or when the collision took place you are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 21 of 19/5/14.