Insects nestled in a thistle wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This vibrant and colourful close-up of insects suckling on a thistle has won the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
Georgina Brown, 62, from Lowestoft captured this image on her Panasonic Lumix G8X while walking out with her husband at Lound Lake.
"It was really quite warm and there was moths and a bee on a thistle. It was like a honey hotel, or a pollen party," she said.
Her husband purchased the camera for her six years ago following hard ships within the family, since then it hasn't left her side.
"He knows if I don't go out for a few days with my camera I will get grumpy," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available