Veteran’s RAF medals stolen in weekend burglary in Swaffham
A veteran's RAF medals were among items stolen after burglars struck at two homes in the same Swaffham street over one night last weekend.
The first burglary in Greenhoe Place happened sometime between 11pm on Saturday October 13 and 7.30am on Sunday October 14.
The thief or thieves entered through a back patio door and took two RAF and one British Aerospace medal, an 18.5in television, a 32in flatscreen television, various items of jewellery, a wallet, a Dyson vacuum cleaner, bank cards and cosmetic items.
The second burglary also took place in Greenhoe Place, sometime between 2.55am and 3.08am on Sunday October 14.
The burglar or burglars reached through a small open window to open a larger window underneath, and stole an Asus notebook laptop.
You may also want to watch:
Police asked anyone who saw either incident, any suspicious activity or has knowledge of either crime to contact DC Sarah Warner at Thetford CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show