Vandals set 280 hay bales on fire in Aylsham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are searching for the culprits of two fires which saw nearly 300 hay bales in Aylsham destroyed.
The first incident occurred on Sunday, October 1, when around 200 bales of hay were set alight in a field in Oulton Street, near Heydon.
Officers were called to the scene at 8.35pm.
A second incident occurred on Monday, October 2, when 80 hay bales were set on fire in a field in Upgate, Swannington.
The police believe the bales were set alight between 2.30pm and 8.20pm on this occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Police are linking the incidents and they would particularly like to hear from anyone who may have any information about what is believed to be a blue Vauxhall Corsa seen in the area of both incidents.
Anyone who may have any information should contact PCSO Stephen Bridges at Aylsham Police Station on 101.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
Alternatively anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.