Vandals set 280 hay bales on fire in Aylsham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are searching for the culprits of two fires which saw nearly 300 hay bales in Aylsham destroyed.
The first incident occurred on Sunday, October 1, when around 200 bales of hay were set alight in a field in Oulton Street, near Heydon.
Officers were called to the scene at 8.35pm.
A second incident occurred on Monday, October 2, when 80 hay bales were set on fire in a field in Upgate, Swannington.
The police believe the bales were set alight between 2.30pm and 8.20pm on this occasion.
Police are linking the incidents and they would particularly like to hear from anyone who may have any information about what is believed to be a blue Vauxhall Corsa seen in the area of both incidents.
Anyone who may have any information should contact PCSO Stephen Bridges at Aylsham Police Station on 101.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 5 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
Alternatively anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.