Vandalism at Africa Alive! wildlife park in Kessingland
Police investigations are under way after a popular north Suffolk wildlife park was targeted by vandals for the second time within a month.
Children's rides and vending machines at the Africa Alive wildlife park in Kessingland, near Lowestoft, were damaged, with cash stolen from the rides and also from a wishing well in the park grounds.
Staff and management arrived at Africa Alive based at Whites Lane, on Saturday morning to discover that there had been a break-in overnight.
Martin Dup�e, operations director at park, said: 'Fortunately none of the animals at the park have been affected, however I doubt that any distress caused to the animals entered the heads of those causing this petty vandalism.'
A police spokesman said: 'Two people climbed over a building to gain access and then damaged two children's rides stealing cash from boxes on the rides.
You may also want to watch:
'Two vending machines were also damaged but no entry was gained and coins were taken from a wishing well.'
The spokesman confirmed that vending machines were also smashed with chocolate bars and change stolen in a separate theft overnight on Friday, July 27 and Saturday, July 28.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Anyone with information about the two incidents at the wildlife park should call Lowestoft police station on 101.