Van carrying gas cylinder catches fire in Aylsham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
An Aylsham road has reopened after a van with a gas cylinder inside caught fire.
The A140 Norwich Road was blocked between the B1145 junction and the Fengate junction because of the fire.
The van pulled over into a lay-by, but as it contained a gas cylinder the road was closed as a precaution.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue sent two crews, one each from Aylsham and Sprowston, to the scene, where they used main and hose reel jets to put out the blaze.
The cylinder was moved to safety and cooled.
You may also want to watch:
The road is now open.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover