Man in hospital after van and lorry crash on ring road
- Credit: Google
A man was taken to hospital after a van and lorry crashed on the ring road next to a pub.
The collision happened on Boundary Road in Norwich close to the Whiffler at around 9.45am on Tuesday, February 16.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said a man in his 40s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care after the crash.
The man was the lorry driver who suffered suspected minor injuries, according to a Norfolk Police spokesperson.
They added that both vehicles were travelling in the same direction and the van was behind the lorry.
The van driver ended up trapped in his vehicle and was rescued by firefighters from Sprowston, Earlham and Carrow.
The road was not blocked and the firefighters left the scene at 10.15am.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 6 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 7 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 8 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 9 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 10 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
The lorry continued its journey after emergency crews arrived, according to the police spokesperson.