Valentine’s-themed fundraiser in Attleborough raises money to help hearts
- Credit: Archant
It was a way to celebrate the sweetheart in your life while helping to take care of the hearts of others.
Kate Midgley, from Attleborough, has hosted a Valentine's Day-themed fundraiser at the town's St Mary's Church in support of the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
Mrs Midgley, 58, said £225 was raised for the charity, and sales of roses alone raised £59.
The day featured a raffle and games with Valentine's-themed prizes as well as a cake stall with heart-shaped treats.
Mrs Midgley runs KM First Aid, a business involved in training CPR skills.
You may also want to watch:
She said the BHF was a great cause, and decided to fundraise for them after visiting a foundation research centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Mrs Midgley said: 'Many years ago my father benefitted from major heart surgery, and, at almost 86, this surgery has kept him alive for almost another 20 years so far'.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success