Valentine’s Day 2016: Popular locations for Norfolk proposals revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From Mount Kilimanjaro to Kelling Heath, Norfolk's couples have revealed where they got engaged - with idyllic beach locations and iconic cityscapes topping the list.
Beachside locations including Mexico, Florida, Turkey and the Canary Islands proved popular, along with romantic city hotspots including, Paris, Prague, Venice and New York.
One adventurous couple even got engaged on Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
But the power of love was also present a little closer to home, with Norfolk destinations a popular choice for popping the question.
The Plantation Gardens in Norwich, Cromer Beach, Carrow Road and Kelling Heath in Holt all featured in the love list.
The survey was conducted by Norwich shopping centre intu Chapelfield on their Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager at intu Chapelfield said: I've always known Norfolk to be a romantic place, so while foreign locations are obviously really popular, its lovely to know that romance is alive and well closer to home.'
Did you pop the question in an unusual location? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains