Valentine’s Day 2016: Popular locations for Norfolk proposals revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From Mount Kilimanjaro to Kelling Heath, Norfolk's couples have revealed where they got engaged - with idyllic beach locations and iconic cityscapes topping the list.
Beachside locations including Mexico, Florida, Turkey and the Canary Islands proved popular, along with romantic city hotspots including, Paris, Prague, Venice and New York.
One adventurous couple even got engaged on Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
But the power of love was also present a little closer to home, with Norfolk destinations a popular choice for popping the question.
The Plantation Gardens in Norwich, Cromer Beach, Carrow Road and Kelling Heath in Holt all featured in the love list.
The survey was conducted by Norwich shopping centre intu Chapelfield on their Facebook page.
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager at intu Chapelfield said: I've always known Norfolk to be a romantic place, so while foreign locations are obviously really popular, its lovely to know that romance is alive and well closer to home.'
Did you pop the question in an unusual location? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm