Vacant office building on Yarmouth Road in Thorpe St Andrew could become new flats
- Credit: Archant
A vacant office building situated on the main road into Thorpe St Andrew could be transformed into new flats.
Plans submitted to Broadland District Council seek permission to partly demolish and convert the office at 27 Yarmouth Road.
Applicant Yarmouth Road Project Ltd is proposing to add an additional two floors to the building and create 25 new flats.
They will be a mix of 23 one-bedroom and two two-bedroom units, according to the application's supporting documents.
A roof deck, gym and car park will also be built on the site, which is next door to the Radio Norwich office,
You may also want to watch:
Supporting documents state: 'All in all this project has ambitions to provide high quality top of the market dwellings to young professionals working in and around Norwich, in keeping with the historical precedent of Thorpe St Andrew as 'The Richmond of Norfolk'.'
The existing office building was to said to have been built in the late 1960s to early 1970s.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk