USAF airman found dead at home near RAF Lakenheath is named
- Credit: PA
A US Air Force (USAF) airman found dead at his home near RAF Lakenheath on Friday morning has been identified.
USAF Staff Sargeant Joshua Wikston was found dead in his off-base residence in Mundford.
Staff Sgt Wikston was assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.
Colonel Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: 'Our thoughts and prayers are with Staff Sgt Wikston's family, friends and fellow airmen.
'The entire Liberty Wing feels the impact of Josh's loss.
You may also want to watch:
'We will do everything we can to support his family through this difficult time, and to care for the members of our team who need assistance in the wake of his death.'
Staff Sgt Wikston's cause of death is currently under investigation.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
The USAF Office of Special Investigations will be taking it forward.