USAF airman found dead at home near RAF Lakenheath is named
- Credit: PA
A US Air Force (USAF) airman found dead at his home near RAF Lakenheath on Friday morning has been identified.
USAF Staff Sargeant Joshua Wikston was found dead in his off-base residence in Mundford.
Staff Sgt Wikston was assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.
Colonel Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: 'Our thoughts and prayers are with Staff Sgt Wikston's family, friends and fellow airmen.
'The entire Liberty Wing feels the impact of Josh's loss.
'We will do everything we can to support his family through this difficult time, and to care for the members of our team who need assistance in the wake of his death.'
Staff Sgt Wikston's cause of death is currently under investigation.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 4 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
The USAF Office of Special Investigations will be taking it forward.