UPDATED: Woman hit by train on Norwich to Sheringham line at Salhouse
A 54-year-old woman has been taken to hospital after being hit by a train on the Norwich to Sheringham line.
The woman was struck by the 17.45 Norwich to Sheringham service at Salhouse at about 6pm today.
Sergeant Pat Kerrins, from the British Transport Police, said the woman was taken to hospital and her injuries are believed to be severe.
'We are currently treating the incident as non-suspicious. The lady has been taken to a local hospital where she is being treated,' he said.
All train services between Norwich and Sheringham were suspended following the incident and bus replacements services were arranged.
You may also want to watch:
A Greater Anglia Spokesman said the line was reopened by 8.15pm when services began to return to normal.
• Witnesses of the incident should call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 giving the reference 371 and today's date.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich