UPDATED: Running water restored to homes in Foulden, near Thetford
Running water has been restored to homes in Foulden, near Thetford.
Around 60 properties lost their supply from 1.45pm to 3.30pm while Anglian Water repaired a burst water main.
Resident Barry Home, a member of our iwitness24 community, took these pictures in Vicarage Lane this morning.
'I first noticed it late on Saturday and water has been pouring out since then,' Mr Home, 62 said. 'There must have been hundreds of thousands of litres.
'There's no proper drainage in the village, so it's just going into the ditches. It's overflowing now into the grounds of the village hall.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Home said the repairmen had started work at about 10am today after he first reported the problem to Anglian Water on Monday.
'I have sent about half-a-dozen photos to iwitness,' he added. 'Norfolk is such a big county, you can't have people everywhere all of the time, and there's nothing like an eye witness account.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
An Anglian Water spokesman said the leak, thought to have been caused by the cold weather, had worsened from a trickle.
Follow the link, top right, to join the iwitness24 community and share your photographs, news and videos.