Updated: Flowers left at scene of double fatal crash at Hethersett
Flowers have been left at the scene where two people died following a two-car crash in Hethersett, near Norwich, last night (Saturday).
It happened at about 11.10pm when a blue Volvo 850 and a silver Peugeot 206 collided on the B1172 Norwich Road, close to the junction with Station Lane.
Today (Sunday) police confirmed the female driver and male front-seat passenger of the Volvo died as a result of injuries suffered in the crash.
A male rear-seat passenger in the same car suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries. He remains in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital receiving treatment.
The female driver of the Peugeot suffered only minor injuries.
Police, ambulance and three fire crews from Norwich, Sprowston and Earlham attended the scene.
Fire fighters had to release three of the people involved who were trapped and tackled a fire in one of the vehicles.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 6 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
Norfolk Police's serious collision investigation team (SCIT) has appealed for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone with information about the manner of driving of either vehicle leading up to the crash.
Contact SCIT on 0845 456 4567.