Updated: Discovery of man’s body in Dereham “not suspicious”
Police are today continuing an investigation after a man's body was found in a pool of water in Dereham,
A dog walker made the discovery as they walked along a wooded footpath off Tavern Lane, near Toftwood, at the bottom of the A47 slip road.
Officers were called just before 10.30am on Sunday and the area was cordoned off for several hours.
There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death at this time, police revealed.
A spokesman said: 'Police have recovered the body which was found in a pool of water surrounded by thick foliage. Officers have informed the next of kin. Her Majesty's coroner will be informed in due course.'
No further details about the man have been released.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise