Update: Woman suffers head and leg injuries in ‘serious’ collision in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered head and leg injuries after being hit by a car in Great Yarmouth this morning.
Emergency services were called to Acle New Road, at the junction for the train station/Asda entrance, at around 8.20am following the collision.
The woman, in her 30s, suffered a head injury and a suspected fracture to her leg and was stabilised at the scene before being taken to the James Paget University Hospital.
Her condition is not thought to be life threatening.
The road was closed from the Fullers Hill roundabout as emergency crews attend to the scene, but has now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We treated the woman for a head injury and a suspected fracture to her leg.
'Crews worked well to stabilise her and she was conveyed to James Paget Hospital where her condition is not thought to be life threatening.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea