Update: Woman dies after car crashes into ditch at Hainford
An elderly woman died last night in a crash at Hainford, north of Norwich.
The 78-year-old driver, believed to be local, was pronounced dead by emergency services at the scene after her Vauxhall Corsa crashed into a ditch filled with water.
Police were called just before 10pm to Newton Road and found the car in the ditch.
One passenger was also inside the car and had minor injuries.
All next of kin are still to be informed of the accident.
You may also want to watch:
The car was travelling along Chapel Road when it crashed at the junction with Newton Road.
Fire crews from Sprowston and Earlham were also called at 9.50pm.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
They used hydraulic rescue equipment and provided casualty care.
•Anyone who saw the crash or has information about it should contact Norfolk Constabulary's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.