Update: Woman and child taken to hospital following crash in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A woman and child have been taken to hospital suffering from shock following a two vehicle crash in Norwich today.
Police were called to reports of a crash involving a VW panel van and a Ford Focus car on Woodside Road at about 9am.
Fire crews from Sprowston and Carrow were also called to the crash which blocked the road as one vehicle was rendered undriveable as a result.
A police spokesman said one woman suffered a minor injury following the crash which resulted in the road being blocked until about 10.20am.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said they were on scene at 8.58am and confirmed 'crews treated a woman and child for shock and conveyed both to Norfolk & Norwich as a precaution'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park