UPDATE: Water supply restored to 150 Swaffham homes following burst water main
Water has been restored to about 150 Swaffham homes affected by a burst water main.
Anglian Water apologised to customers, and said it was working hard to restore supplies after it received the first call from customers at about 11.30am.
The water main burst in Wolverton Drive in the south of the town, and affected properties in the surrounding area.
The water company originally told customers it expected restore water by 6.15pm, but said the problem was solved at 4.15pm and water supply and pressure should have been back to normal by about 5pm.
A separate message posted by the water company on its website at 2am said a number of sewers across the region were blocked, possibly due to excessive weather conditions.
The statement said: 'Our technicians are already aware of the issues in your area and working hard to ensure that our systems are operating to their full capacity and will endeavour to clear any blockages just as soon as sewer levels permit.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages