UPDATE: Water supply restored to 150 Swaffham homes following burst water main
Water has been restored to about 150 Swaffham homes affected by a burst water main.
Anglian Water apologised to customers, and said it was working hard to restore supplies after it received the first call from customers at about 11.30am.
The water main burst in Wolverton Drive in the south of the town, and affected properties in the surrounding area.
The water company originally told customers it expected restore water by 6.15pm, but said the problem was solved at 4.15pm and water supply and pressure should have been back to normal by about 5pm.
A separate message posted by the water company on its website at 2am said a number of sewers across the region were blocked, possibly due to excessive weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The statement said: 'Our technicians are already aware of the issues in your area and working hard to ensure that our systems are operating to their full capacity and will endeavour to clear any blockages just as soon as sewer levels permit.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer