UPDATE: Wangford cyclist in life-threatening condition following crash after Southwold Music on the Green
A WANGFORD cyclist remains in a life-threatening condition this morning after a crash with a car in Reydon.
The 20-year-old man was taken to the James Paget Hospital, in Gorleston, with a minor head injury shortly after 3.30am, Sunday July 29, but his condition deteriorated.
Meanwhile, a 19-year-old woman from Southwold, also involved in the crash, has been released from James Paget Hospital after suffering cuts and bruises.
The crash happened on the B1127 Lowestoft Road, near the junction with Coxs Lane, when he was travelling home from the Southwold Music on the Green.
A police spokesman said: 'A female pedestrian and a male cyclist were travelling along the offside of the road, in the direction of Reydon, when the cyclist was in collision with a blue Fiat Punto.
You may also want to watch:
'Ambulance attended the scene, and the 20-year-old male cyclist was taken to the James Paget hospital with a minor head injury.
'His condition deteriorated and he has since been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital where his condition is described as life threatening.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Police are investigating and appealing for witnesses to come forward. Call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.