UPDATE: Wallaby found dead in Norfolk
Police have confirmed this morning that the wallaby that went missing in Norfolk has been found dead.
The animal had escaped from the Norfolk Wildlife Park, near Great Witchingham, on Monday evening.
A spokesman said: 'We can confirm a wallaby reported missing on Monday evening has sadly been found dead. It was found by a roadside last night.'
Police had been alerted to the wallaby running loose on the Fakenham Road at 10.50pm on Monday.
A spokesman said that the animal, which had suffered a leg injury, had evaded capture and made off into a field.
You may also want to watch:
A warning was issued to motorists to be vigilant and although the wallaby was not seen as a danger to the general public, people were warned not to approach it or chase it.
The RSPCA were notified but said that the matter was being dealt with by the police and the handlers.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk