UPDATE: Two wounded in serious police incident in Lowestoft
Two people suffered injuries to their face and throat following a serious incident in Lowestoft this morning.
Police were called to London Road North in the town centre at 11.10am.
Two men had sustained cuts to the face and throat during a 'scuffle' in the busy shopping street. The road was cordoned off while officers carried out investigations.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: 'Two people have taken to hospital suffering from injuries believed to be caused by a sharp implement.
'They are not life threatening injuries.'
You may also want to watch:
One male has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night