Update: Two men bailed following reports of thefts from gardens and sheds in Lowestoft
Police have arrested a 61-year-old man and a teenage boy on suspicion of theft following reports of shed break-ins in south Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: 'A 61-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy have been arrested after officers were called to the Britten Road area of Lowestoft about 1.10pm yesterday (Wednesday), to reports of two men stealing from gardens and sheds.
'Officers started a search and around 2pm the 61-year-old and 17-year-old were both arrested on suspicion of theft and taken into custody.'
Police also recovered a vehicle filled with items and this was seized for examination. A toolbox was found to have been stolen from a shed at a home in Britten Road.
Both of those arrested were interviewed by officers before being bailed to return to police on March 29, while further inquiries are made.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m