UPDATE: Suspected propane cylinder arsonist may have started four blazes in Great Yarmouth
Police are hunting a suspected serial arsonist after four arson attacks in five hours in residential areas of Great Yarmouth in the early hours of yesterday morning.
In the most serious incident four propane cylinders were found placed around a fire in Norfolk Square after reports of a man seen acting suspiciously between 3am and 3.08am on Sunday, December 11.
When police arrived at the scene they discovered a small fire in a group of trees and four propane gas cylinders had been placed around the fire.
As reported, there were five blazes within five hours in Yarmouth but one of these was not an arson attack.
At 12.15am there was a deliberate bin fire in Crown Road.
You may also want to watch:
At 12.30am a vehicle fire started in Roman Place, with three cars alight, but this was not an arson attack.
It was caused by an electrical fault in one of the vehicle which spread to others.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
At 12.55am there was a deliberate bin fire in Havelock Road, and at 5.04am there was a deliberate skip fire in Hamilton Road.
Police officers say one line of the investigation into the Norfolk Square incident is whether the above incidents are linked. Anyone with information should call PC Karen Cook at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.