UPDATE: Suffolk County Council executive Andrea Hill leaves her post
Andrea Hill the chief excutive of Suffolk County Council has left her post with immediate effect.
The county council announced she would be leaving after a dismissals and appeals committee met today.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said: 'The dismissals and appeals committee of Suffolk County Council has today concluded its investigation into the 'whistleblowing' allegations made against Chief Executive, Andrea Hill.
'Bullying and harassment allegations were robustly investigated by an independent firm of solicitors. Although it remains a concern that such a perception existed, the committee is satisfied that there was no evidence to support those claims or that she was responsible for the death of David White, former Head of Legal Services.
The committee wants to reassure staff that all allegations are treated extremely seriously.
You may also want to watch:
'The committee also received a report into Mrs Hill's expense claims during her tenure as chief executive.
'It has concluded that whilst there were undoubtedly claims which, in the current climate, might not represent best use of public money, the committee accepted that there was no dishonesty in the claims made.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
'Following a lengthy discussion last Friday, and negotiations between representatives of both parties over the weekend, the county council can now confirm that Mrs Hill will be leaving her post with immediate effect.
'There has been significant media attention attached to Mrs Hill which has become a distraction and both parties accept that with new political leadership of Suffolk County Council in place, it is better to allow the organisation to move forward with new managerial leadership.
'The county council would like to thank Mrs Hill for all she has done over the past three years and wish her well for her future.
'The total value of compensation to be paid to Mrs Hill is �218,592. This figure includes her contractual notice period.'