Update: Spate of crashes across Norfolk and Suffolk as snow returns
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging motorists to drive with care this morning after a spate of crashes on the county's roads.
A car and a lorry crashed in the Norwich-bound carriageway on the A11, close to the Thickthorn roundabout, at 6.10am.
There have been three crashes on the A11 this morning and the road was temporarily closed for 20 minutes.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said the accident was due to driver error.
At 6.50am a green Nissan Micra ploughed into a ditch on Norwich Road in Mulbarton, close to the Worlds End pub.
You may also want to watch:
At 6.55am a Vauxhall Astra crashed into a wall on Waterworks Road in Norwich and shortly after, a Micra crashed into a lamp post next to the waterboard yard entrance.
The A149 is partially blocked between Wells and Stiffkey after an accident and there has been a crash on the B1110 at Swanton Novers near the B1354 junction.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
A driver suffered chest injuries after a crash on the A146 at Gillingham on the Beccles side of the roundabout.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said that the bad weather is set to stay for a few more days.
'At the moment we have got scattered snow showers and they will continue for the rest of the day.'
Temperatures are expected to climb to 4C this afternoon and the showers will turn to hail and possibly thunder.
Mr Garner said icy conditions and frost are forecast overnight and there is a chance of more winter showers tomorrow.
'People tend to think of March being springlike but we do get swings between milder and colder weather. We haven't got out of the winter weather pattern and there is a chance of the winter weather coming back next week.'
Despite a few frosty patches across north Norfolk, the district appears to have escaped the snow.
However, heavy snow started falling again in Diss shortly after midday, making driving conditions tricky.
Traffic along the A140 was moving at a steady speed this morning.