Update: “Serious” accident near American bases RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are still at the scene of a 'serious' accident with reports of 'life-changing' injuries near two American military bases in west Suffolk.
Officers were called just after 6.45pm to Wangford Road, near RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath.
Two vehicles - a green Jeep Wrangler and a blue Mercedes C240 - had crashed.
A force spokesman said one of the occupants had suffered a 'serious' leg injury which could be 'life-changing'.
Fire and ambulance services were also at the scene. Police closed the road and set up diversions.
You may also want to watch:
Two casualties are believed to have been taken to hospital.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146