Update: Roads clear after several crashes cause rush hour chaos for commuters in Norwich
Traffic congestion has eased around Norwich now, following a hectic morning of crashes and delays on the city's roads.
Initial reports of a vehicle fire on Grapes Hill at 8.50am, causing heavy congestion for traffic coming into the city centre between the A1074 Dereham Road junction and the Chapel Field Road junction, turned out to be a two-vehicle crash.
Fire engines from Carrow and Earlham did attend the scene and used granules to deal with fuel spilt on the road following the crash, between a silver Audi Quattro and a blue Fiat Punto, with only minor injuries suffered.
The A1042 Yarmouth Road was also heavily congested in Thorpe St Andrew after a crash involving a grey Honda Civic.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 7.45am after the crash, although no injuries were suffered and the road wasn't completely blocked.
Commuters also reported delays of around 45 minutes coming into Norwich at the Trowse junction of the A47 southern bypass.
This was being caused by a broken down car at the County Hall roundabout, blocking one lane of the A146 Trowse Bypass, coming into the city, tailing back from the A1054 Martineau Lane junction.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
There was a crash close to a layby on the northbound carriageway of the A11 as well, around half a mile from the Thickthorn roundabout.
Police were called to the scene of the two-vehicle crash at 8.20am, between a black Mini and a black Audi, although again no one was injured.
A car and a motorcycle collided on the A1042 Heartsease Lane at around 7.50am as well, again with no one injured.
The crash was between a green Renault Clio and a Ducati motorbike, causing delays near the B1140 Plumstead Road junction.
- Did you take any photos of the congestion? Send them to us via www.iwitness.24.co.uk