Update: Road reopens after Sprowston crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital following a crash involving two cars in Sprowston.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to reports of a crash on Wroxham Road, near to the junction of Cannerby Lane, at just after 11am.
A woman in her 60s was treated at the scene for shock following the crash which involved a vauxhall Vectra and Peugeot 106.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital as a precaution.
The road re-opened shortly before 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
One fire engine from Earlham was called to the crash and manually assisted the casualty from the vehicle, assisted the Police and ambulance crews and made the vehicles safe.
The air ambulance was initially called to the incident but was later stood down.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit